Propane powered generators can be life savors for those experiencing power outages. If you rely on electrical power to keep medical equipment running or want to ensure creature comforts when the electricity goes out, standby generators can be a useful tool. Below are a few reasons propane powered standby generators are the best option:
- A well-maintained propane generator supplies electricity in as little as 10 seconds after an outage.
- Propane doesn’t degrade over time, unlike diesel or gasoline, making it an ideal standby power fuel.
- Most propane units produce as little as 60 decibels of noise, comparable to normal conversation, which measures between 50 and 65 decibels. An unenclosed diesel generator can run in excess of 100 decibels (Source: environmentalpowersolutions.com).
- A propane generator produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel or gasoline.
- Propane is an approved clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act.
- Depending on how much fuel you have in storage, a propane generator can handle an entire home’s energy needs for days, unlike solar- or wind-powered systems.
There are incentives and rebates currently being offered in California for those interested in purchasing propane powered standby generators. Contact us for more information.